Prep Time: 24 hours
Cook Time: 25 minutes
- 2 table spoons sour dough
- 2-3 tea spoons salt
- a bit of yeast
- 8 deciliter (3-4 cups) water
- 2 hand fulls of oat grains
- 200 gram (7 oz) rye flour
- 600 gram (21 oz) white flour
- Dissolve sour dough and yeast in the water in a bowl
- Add the salt
- Add the flours
- Whisk the dough on a Kitchen Aid machine or similar for about 15 min. It is important that it is not kneaded but whisked as the the dough then will get the right elastic texture. The dough should be very wet and sticky.
- Let the dough rest in a cool place with a lid on for 12 hours
- Turn on the oven at 250 dgr Celcious / 475 F / Gas mark 9
- Pour out the dough on the floured kitchen table
- Cut out ca. 18 buns of the dough with a knife and put them on a baking sheet. Do not knead the dough!
- Let the buns rest for about 15 min
- Bake them in the middle of the oven for about 15 min until they have the right color.
- Let them cool of for about 15 min (if you can) before you eat them 🙂